Thursday, April 12, 2007

A couple weeks ago I came home to find my desk top trying to turn itself on. Turns out the power source failed and fried the motherboard on that 3 year old E-Machine! I got the verdict from the computer guru as I was in the process of breaking my cell phone holster, and having just broken my roller-bag the day before a trip. That was not a good day. That seems to be what God has in store for me this spring. Your typical every day monotony for a few weeks and then the real bad day.
Take today: tried riding my bike inside on my rollers to be interrupted every 5-10' by phone calls. I chose to ride and talk on headset which eventually got me back to working out uninterrupted. My realtor team of Mom and Dad put my condo on the market this morning and already had someone who wanted to see it at 5PM. Dad was to get the lockbox (different from the Al Gore lockbox) to my pad in time for the prospective buyers to have a gander. Too bad he drove 2 hours to find out he didn't have the keys to put into the lockbox (my brother has his keys because he has Dad's truck). But why call my fiance and get her keys? Why go to my brother's work and get the keys from him? Nope, he decided he'd done enough and left the people who want to see my place a note saying he'd get the keys in the lock box tomorrow, (he's sending Mom to do it). So I found this out at the same time I thought it would be nice to chill out and watch one of my Netflix dvds. It won't play, I take it out of this laptop and the dvd is broken. So then I try to use the UPS website to tell them to stop trying to deliver my new desktop while I'm out of town (like they apparently tried today after I had left my abode), and it won't let me. I have the tracking number, and it won't let me change the delivery date, neither will the automated phone system. Nice. Sure hope I get home before their 3rd attempt and they send it back. Do you think Best Buy will give me free shipping twice?
My chiropractor asked if I could reduce my stress level. HA! A handful of barbiturates would do the trick!

1 comment:

rigtenzin said...

You're really a mess.

I hope you aren't paying your realty team too much.