Sunday, April 01, 2007


I got out to do a group-ride yesterday in the rain. I broke out the Murray for the 43F, 30-something windchill morning. The weekend before my honey and I had fun riding a tandem through the fog. No fog this weekend, but it constantly rained. Luckily I had my Cub Foods plastic bag duct-taped to my helmut so I mostly got wet from sweating under a few too many layers. There was a guy with a new bike who made the ride a little fast for my March legs on the 40+ pound Murray. I wonder how much weight the rain added? I bet if I would have worn spandex it would have been easier : P
Today I've been working on cleaning out old crap so I can sell this abode and buy one big enough for two, and a dog-cat combo. It's amazing to me how fast stuff accrues when you can just pile it somewhere and forget it. This is the first place I've had on my own and it's got a lot of space to store junk. Luckily Mom is coming down Tuesday to make sure I get rid of the Budweiser clock from high school, and the cancelled cheques from 1994.

3 comments:

rigtenzin said...

The IRS says you should keep those checks for 118 years.

rigtenzin said...

Your truing stand is great, by the way.

Jackrabbit Slim said...

I'm jealous